Monday 18 August 2014

Wave 19 review: Hanami, the Queen of Flowers.

To me it seems as if the Queen of Flowers has wilted during her years as a Oyabun. Overall it's a good model but from what I can see from the picture I don't like the face. Being A Silvermoon player I hope seeing the model will change my opinion.

Pro:
The third Oyabun for Silvermoon, by now giving them enough options in building warbands.

Hanami has the two best ki feats from Saki and tsubaki, Seduction and Lure while having another ki feat especially for herself.

Kiss of the Rose gives control markers after a succesfull opposed ki test equal to succes level, but only one model may be affected by this ki feat at any given time.

She can buy a extra melee dice for only 2 ki.

Con:
11 Rice is pricey for a control model, making her the most expensive Oyabun so far.

While the control tokens gained from kiss of the rose seems fun it requires you to be in base-to-base making it a risky option in my opinion. This means that either you've lost disguise because you're being attacked or a valuable target has become available.

Tactics:
While I'll be playing Hanami with the other Roses this gives me a great amount of control options, it doesn't give me a lot of damage potential. For this you could go for a Buto or a lot of the Shatei. Buto leaves you with only a few models limiting you're options while the Shatei will probably outnumber but need to outnumber to take out bigger targets like Oni or Samurai.


No comments:

Post a Comment