Friday 25 July 2014

Flames of war: update to my army

Something amazing that I overlooked when looking at my list for FOW is that forgot that I can take a tankhunter platoon. So now instead of fielding a single King Tiger i'll be fielding 4 Hetzers.

   Armour   
Name Mobility Front Side Top Equipment and Notes 
Weapon Range ROF Anti-tank Firepower  
HetzerStandard TankHull MG, Overloaded.
7.5cm PaK39 gun32"/80cm 211 3+ Hull mounted.

Hetzers are great tank hunters with an AT 11 and FP 3+ most allied tanks will be easypickings for these badboys. I do have to be carefull with my positioning as a side armour of 2 means that they're vulnearble to a lot of weaponry around.

Now what makes them standout in my list is that my tankhunters are veterans. This means that when I deploy at the start of the game or through an ambush. I can pick a piece of concealing terrain at least partially in my deployment zone, while within this terrain or concealed by it the hetzers shoot a full ROF even when moving and do a stormtrooper move on 2+. Now if I keep general Von Saucken within 15cm I get a re-roll on my stormtrooper move practicly guarantee I get that stormtrooper move that i'll often be using to move the Hetzers away out of my enemy's sight.

Next week i'll finally be playing with my army against a soviet shtraf bataljon, this will be a difficult match-up,but it does give me the opportunity to make a few photo's and provide you all with a battle report.

No comments:

Post a Comment